Microwave Cinnamon Baked Apple
Makes 1 servings.
1 medium cooking apple
2 teaspoons sugar substitute (or 1 packet)
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Wash and dry apple. Core apple and use a peeler to strip away the peel on the top third of the apple (this is easy to do by peeling in a circle, starting from the top).
2. Place the apple in a small microwaveable dish.
3. Sprinkle sweetener and cinnamon over top and into core of apple.
4. Cover the dish tightly with Saran Wrap and microwave for about 7 minutes on high or until apple is soft.
5. Remove from microwave, remove wrap, and spoon the collected "syrup" back onto top of apple.
6. Serve with a couple of tablespoons of your favorite no-sugar added vanilla ice cream or yogurt if desired.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Fat 0g (0g saturated)
Diabetic exchange = 1 Fruit
WW point comparison = 1 point
This is so simple but so good. We all know an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but most of us just don't consider a fresh apple a real dessert. This quick and easy recipe turns an ordinary apple into a taste treat even your doctor would endorse.