The New Year is here and like most individuals, you may be putting together a list of changes you would like to make in this coming year. Humans tend to be goal-oriented which makes us different from other species. Being human also prevents us from always achieving the goals we set.Read More
Category: Diet & Nutrition
Welcome to our More on Diabetes section!
Our More on Diabetes articles will provide helpful diabetes and health information on topics including diabetes management, exercise, diabetic recipes, diabetes complications, diet and nutrition, pet diabetes and more. Articles are written or reviewed by healthcare professionals who have experience in diabetes and health education.
As people celebrate the holidays and overindulge, thoughts turn to making better choices during the year ahead. The start of another year often makes people review their current behaviors and consider ways to improve them. Consider a few creative New Year resolutions that could improve your diabetes management and overall well-being.Read More
This week in diabetes management sessions, I counseled a 63-year old gentleman who has had type 2 diabetes for 5 years and was being treated with Metformin, 1000mg, twice a day. He never attended diabetes or nutritional education and had very little understanding of proper self care except for taking his “two diabetes pills”.Read More
Here comes the succession of holidays, “with the food holiday spiral” of Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s. According to USA Today, “4% of all candy consumed in the US is eaten on that single day called Halloween.”Read More
Summertime is now in full swing and you should be enjoying the rewarding and exciting experiences of the season. Some of the favorite activities discussed by our diabetes management patients are the outdoor Grilling, BBQ or a lazy afternoon picnic at the park or beach with friends or at a family reunion. Having diabetes or another chronic condition should make you think more about proper planning.Read More
According to a small study done on humans, broccoli extract was given along with Metformin, or a placebo was given with Metformin, to those with out of control diabetes (i.e. A1C levels above 7.4).Read More
“The word diet comes from the old French word diete and the medieval Latin word dieta meaning a daily food allowance.” Diets are, “a set course of eating and drinking in which the kind and amount of food should be planned to achieve weight loss and better health.”Read More
- 5 Reasons For Heavy Sweating With Diabetes posted on August 23, 2017 | under Diabetes Management, General Information, Health & Wellness
- Timing is Everything | Pet Diabetes Care posted on July 24, 2014 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
- How To Dispose of Needles, Lancets and Blood Strips Properly posted on July 10, 2012 | under Diabetes Management
- What’s the Normal Blood Glucose Range for Pets? posted on October 23, 2014 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
- What To Do With Insulin When Your Diabetic Pet Is Vomiting Or Not Eating posted on June 25, 2015 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Diet & Nutrition, Pet Newsletter
Articles You May be Interested In