- Whole wheat flour
- 1 can (10 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread whole-wheat flour over working surface. Roll out dough with rolling pin to desired crust thickness.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray. Transfer pizza crust to cookie sheet. Brush olive oil over crust.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the dried basil, onion, garlic, and salt; spread this mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle crust with mozzarella cheese. Top cheese with mushrooms and red pepper.
- Bake in oven for 13-15 minutes until cheese melts and crust is deep golden brown.
- Cut into 8 slices.
Daily Servings According to Diabetes Food Guide Pyramid:
Serving from Grain/Beans/Starchy Vegetable group: 2
Serving from Meat group: 1
Serving from Fat: 1 1/2
|Nutritional Info (per 1/4 of Pie):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of The National Diabetes Education Program which is an informative resource for the prevention and control of diabetes. Their goal is to educate all people, both with and without diabetes, about the disease.