- 1 (8-inch) flour tortilla (use flavored tortilla if desired)
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce (not pure horseradish)
- 3 ounces deli-sliced turkey breast
- 1 slice (2/3 ounce) fat-free American cheese
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Spread tortilla lightly with horseradish sauce. Lay turkey over tortilla. Place cheese in center of tortilla over turkey, then top with sprouts. Fold in about an inch on the top and bottom of the tortilla, then roll up tortilla from left to right. Serve immediately or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for future use.
Food Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 very lean meat, 1 fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 1 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Diabetes Self-Management, which offers up-to-date, practical “how-to” information on nutrition, exercise, new drugs, medical advances, self-help, and the many other topics people need to know about to stay healthy. Over the last eight years alone, the articles and series in Diabetes Self-Management have captured 191 awards at the annual National Health Information Awards, more than any other diabetes magazine.
Reprinted with permission from Diabetes Self-Management. © 2008 R.A. Rapaport Publishing, Inc. Visit us at www.DiabetesSelfManagement.com
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017