- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 15-ounce can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed very well
- 1 3/4 cup low sodium/fat chicken broth
- 10 ounce frozen corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup dry lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup broccoli and zucchini, diced
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Brown onions in olive oil and then add everything in order. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until rice is tender. Can be served in a tortilla and/or with salad.
Food Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1/2 Fat, 1 1/2 Lean Meat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Marci Sloane, MS, RD, LD/N, CDE, who is a registered and licensed dietitian/nutritionist and certified diabetes educator with a degree in Nutrition and Physiology from Teachers College at Columbia University. Marci is the author of The Diet Game: Playing for Life!