The glycemic index (GI) is a system to help people with diabetes determine some of the right foods...Read More
Welcome to our More on Diabetes section!
Our More on Diabetes articles will provide helpful diabetes and health information on topics including diabetes management, exercise, diabetic recipes, diabetes complications, diet and nutrition, pet diabetes and more. Articles are written or reviewed by healthcare professionals who have experience in diabetes and health education.
For generations, people have been saying “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of...Read More
A Few Diabetes Statistics and Facts 1.4 million Americans are diagnosed each year. 29 million Americans (9%) have diabetes and 21 million are undiagnosed. Diabetes mellitus is generally diagnosed as Type 1, Type 2 and...Read More
According to the American Diabetes Association, a great number of people with pre-diabetes become diabetic within 10 years after the initial pre-diabetes diagnosis. Here are some pre-diabetes facts and recommendations to lower your risk, or the risk of loved ones, of developing diabetes.Read More
Pre-Diabetes New day, new patient. Fasting glucose is 124 mg/dL. Triglycerides are 560, HDLs 28. Patient is 50 pounds overweight. Does she or doesn’t she? Is it or isn’t it? The difference between having NO diabetes,...Read More
According to the American Diabetes Association, 54 million people living in the U.S. have pre-diabetes.1 Pre-diabetes is a condition where your blood glucose levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to be categorized...Read More
- National Pet Cancer Awareness Month posted on November 16, 2017 | under Pet Care, Pet Newsletter
- Timing is Everything – Pet Diabetes Care posted on July 24, 2014 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
- 5 Reasons For Heavy Sweating With Diabetes posted on August 23, 2017 | under Diabetes Management, General Information, Health & Wellness
- What’s the Normal Blood Glucose Range for Pets? posted on October 23, 2014 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
- What to Do When You Can’t Afford Your Diabetes Medication or Supplies posted on April 2, 2015 | under Diabetes Management, General Information
Articles You May be Interested In