February is American Heart Month, a time when people think of the human heart as a symbol of love. During the month of Valentine’s Day, we see more hearts and bright, red colored clothing than any other time during the year. While purchasing a delicious, dark, chocolate heart for your valentine, use this month to learn more about your risks for heart disease and stroke along with ways to stay healthy.Read More
Category: Heart Connection
Welcome to our More on Diabetes section!
Our More on Diabetes articles will provide helpful diabetes and health information on topics including diabetes management, exercise, diabetic recipes, diabetes complications, diet and nutrition, pet diabetes and more. Articles are written or reviewed by healthcare professionals who have experience in diabetes and health education.
This week in diabetes management sessions, I counseled a 63-year old gentleman who has had type 2 diabetes for 5 years and was being treated with Metformin, 1000mg, twice a day. He never attended diabetes or nutritional education and had very little understanding of proper self care except for taking his “two diabetes pills”.Read More
Knowing the signs and symptoms of heart failure can help you detect this condition in its earliest stages. Lifestyle modification and medications can reduce these symptoms, improve your quality of life, and extend your lifespan. Take heart and get diagnosed so you can live a fuller, happier life!Read More
People with diabetes have an increased risk of developing high cholesterol, a factor in heart disease and stroke. Heart smart foods for cholesterol and diabetes control can help lower bad cholesterol, raise good cholesterol and...Read More
- Timing is Everything posted on February 15, 2018 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
- The Difference between Visceral and Subcutaneous Fat – Does it Matter? posted on May 1, 2015 | under Diabetes Management, Diet & Nutrition, Health & Wellness
- How To Dispose of Needles, Lancets and Blood Strips Properly posted on July 10, 2012 | under Diabetes Management
- What To Do With Insulin When Your Diabetic Pet Is Vomiting Or Not Eating posted on June 25, 2015 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Diet & Nutrition, Pet Newsletter
- What’s the Normal Blood Glucose Range for Pets? posted on October 23, 2014 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
Articles You May be Interested In