- 4 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple onion rings
- 1/2 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted sunflower seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a serving dish and toss to coat well. Refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Toss again before serving.
Food Exchanges: 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 9 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Diabetes Self-Management, which offers up-to-date, practical “how-to” information on nutrition, exercise, new drugs, medical advances, self-help, and the many other topics people need to know about to stay healthy. Over the last eight years alone, the articles and series in Diabetes Self-Management have captured 191 awards at the annual National Health Information Awards, more than any other diabetes magazine.
Reprinted with permission from Diabetes Self-Management. © 2008 R.A. Rapaport Publishing, Inc.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017