- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (15oz.) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 (6oz.) can low-sodium tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded low fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 10-oz package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- Preheat Oven to 375°F
- In a sauce pan, cook mushrooms and onions in oil until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, and basil.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together cottage cheese and 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Oil a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- In the baking dish layer 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture, 1/3 of the spinach, 1/3 of the tomato mixture; repeat layers twice. Sprinkle the reserved Monterey Jack cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Food Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1/2 Fat, 1 1/2 Lean Meat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of the South Dakota Department of Health – The mission of the South Dakota Department of Health is to prevent disease and promote health, ensure access to needed, high-quality health care, and to efficiently manage public health resources.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017