- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes or 6 packets Equal® sweetener or 1/4 cup Equal® Spoonful™
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Salt and white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans or 4 teaspoons flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Lightly grease potatoes; pierce with tines of fork. Place potatoes in baking pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cut potatoes in half; carefully scoop out flesh; reserve potato shells.
- Mash potato flesh until smooth; mix in sour cream, Equal®, and orange extract. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Spoon potato mixture into reserved potato skins. Place potatoes on baking pan and bake in preheated 400°F (205°C) oven until browned, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans or coconut (after baking), if desired.
Food Exchanges: 3 Bread, 1/2 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Cooks Recipes which provides many fine recipes for diabetic diets. Since its online debut in 1999, CooksRecipes.com has become one of the more popular and largest cooking and recipe sites on the Internet.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017