- 1 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 (16oz.) can tomatoes
- 1 (15oz.) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 oz. linguine
- In a large sauce pan, add sauté onions, celery, green pepper and garlic in olive oil until the vegetables are tender. Add all the ingredients except the linguine. Heat and simmer sauce for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Drain. Spoon the sauce over the cooked linguine. Serve immediately.
Food Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1/2 Fat, 1 1/2 Lean Meat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of the South Dakota Department of Health – The mission of the South Dakota Department of Health is to prevent disease and promote health, ensure access to needed, high-quality health care, and to efficiently manage public health resources.
Leave A Comment