Truck drivers often work long hours, travel great distances and are responsible for the safe operation of large trucks. Long haul truck drivers have more than twice the risk of diabetes due to high stress and unhealthy food options.
It seems diabetes and anger may go hand-in-hand. Dealing with diabetes can make people feel angry and anger may result in blood sugar elevations. “Anger and frustration foster risk taking by impacting self-regulation and can make things even worse.” Discover why anger and stewing can mess with your diabetes.
Why is Anger Related to Diabetes?
From the initial […]
MiniMed infusion sets include slender plastic tubing that delivers insulin from the pump and into the body. The tubing is available in different lengths to accommodate the requirements of the person with diabetes. At the end of the tubing, there is a stainless steel needle or a flexible, tapered tube called a cannula.
There is more to treating diabetes than checking blood sugars with a glucose meter and keeping your blood sugar levels within a specific range. Most people with diabetes have a health care team in place to help them manage their care. Discover when and why you should see an endocrinologist with diabetes as they, too, should be part of your health care team.
Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA
Inolife is entering into a Definitive Agreement With ADW Diabetes to Serve Diabetics in USA with FDA Approved Needle-Free Insulin Injectors.
Diabetes is well known to have an affect on the nerve endings in our body as well as the blood vessels. Most times, we think of these complications targeting our feet as in neuropathy, our eyes as in retinopathy or in our kidneys as nephropathy. It is documented that people with diabetes also can experience urological and sexual complications.
As people celebrate the holidays and overindulge, thoughts turn to making better choices during the year ahead. The start of another year often makes people review their current behaviors and consider ways to improve them. Consider a few creative New Year resolutions that could improve your diabetes management and overall well-being.
- 4 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple onion rings
- 1/2 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted sunflower seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a serving dish and toss to coat well. Refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Toss again before serving.
Food Exchanges: 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, […]
For low sodium diets, omit the salt.
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast or 2 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon honey (needed for yeast action)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (110 to 115°F / 45°C) water
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the flours and salt in a large mixing […]
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) Italian bread
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light ranch-style dressing
- 3 medium tomatoes (about 4 ounces each), sliced
- ¼ medium purple onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 medium portabella mushrooms (about 6 ounces total), thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup small […]