Walking into the stores you see enormous chocolate bunnies, marshmallow /caramel filled Easter eggs (or chicks), sugar laden Easter peeps in yellow, green and pink along with a wide assortment of colored jelly beans or gummy bunnies all in preparation for the Easter Holiday.Read More
Welcome to our More on Diabetes section!
Our More on Diabetes articles will provide helpful diabetes and health information on topics including diabetes management, exercise, diabetic recipes, diabetes complications, diet and nutrition, pet diabetes and more. Articles are written or reviewed by healthcare professionals who have experience in diabetes and health education.
Knowing the basics about diabetes helps identify what puts people at risk for developing the disease. Some people are living with diabetes and don’t even know it. According to the CDC, who just released the 2017 Diabetes Statistics Report, “30.3 million or 9.4% of the population in the US have diabetes.Read More
Proper nutrition is important during pregnancy if you have gestational diabetes. When you have gestational diabetes your are at risk of developing high blood sugar that can be harmful to you and your baby. A special meal plan...Read More
As we discussed in Part 1 of Gestational diabetes, it is usually detected in the 2 nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Unless you are considered high risk your physician will screen you between weeks 24-28. It may seem...Read More
Gestational diabetes affects pregnant women who have never had diabetes before. A woman experiences high blood sugar levels during pregnancy which may have a serious impact on her and the baby. It is estimated 18 percent of...Read More
A Few Diabetes Statistics and Facts 1.4 million Americans are diagnosed each year. 29 million Americans (9%) have diabetes and 21 million are undiagnosed. Diabetes mellitus is generally diagnosed as Type 1, Type 2 and...Read More
- Long Acting Pet Medications – What You Need to Know posted on March 21, 2018 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
- Diet Tips for Diabetic Pets posted on March 15, 2018 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Diet & Nutrition, Pet Newsletter
- What Does a Normal Glucose Curve Look Like? posted on March 8, 2018 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
- Timing is Everything posted on July 24, 2014 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
- What’s the Normal Blood Glucose Range for Pets? posted on October 23, 2014 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
Articles You May be Interested In