The glycemic index (GI) is a system to help people with diabetes determine some of the right foods...Read More
Welcome to our More on Diabetes section!
Our More on Diabetes articles will provide helpful diabetes and health information on topics including diabetes management, exercise, diabetic recipes, diabetes complications, diet and nutrition, pet diabetes and more. Articles are written or reviewed by healthcare professionals who have experience in diabetes and health education.
As we discussed in Part 1 of Gestational diabetes, it is usually detected in the 2 nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Unless you are considered high risk your physician will screen you between weeks 24-28. It may seem...Read More
Gestational diabetes affects pregnant women who have never had diabetes before. A woman experiences high blood sugar levels during pregnancy which may have a serious impact on her and the baby. It is estimated 18 percent of...Read More
Knowing the basics about diabetes helps identify what puts people at risk for developing the disease. Some people are living with diabetes and don’t even know it. According to the CDC, who just released the 2017 Diabetes Statistics Report, “30.3 million or 9.4% of the population in the US have diabetes.Read More
A Few Diabetes Statistics and Facts 1.4 million Americans are diagnosed each year. 29 million Americans (9%) have diabetes and 21 million are undiagnosed. Diabetes mellitus is generally diagnosed as Type 1, Type 2 and...Read More
- 5 Reasons For Heavy Sweating With Diabetes posted on August 23, 2017 | under Diabetes Management, General Information, Health & Wellness
- Timing is Everything | Pet Diabetes Care posted on July 24, 2014 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
- How To Dispose of Needles, Lancets and Blood Strips Properly posted on July 10, 2012 | under Diabetes Management
- What’s the Normal Blood Glucose Range for Pets? posted on October 23, 2014 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
- What To Do With Insulin When Your Diabetic Pet Is Vomiting Or Not Eating posted on June 25, 2015 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Diet & Nutrition, Pet Newsletter
Articles You May be Interested In