The glycemic index (GI) is a system to help people with diabetes determine some of the right foods...Read More
Welcome to our More on Diabetes section!
Our More on Diabetes articles will provide helpful diabetes and health information on topics including diabetes management, exercise, diabetic recipes, diabetes complications, diet and nutrition, pet diabetes and more. Articles are written or reviewed by healthcare professionals who have experience in diabetes and health education.
As we discussed in Part 1 of Gestational diabetes, it is usually detected in the 2 nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Unless you are considered high risk your physician will screen you between weeks 24-28. It may seem...Read More
Gestational diabetes affects pregnant women who have never had diabetes before. A woman experiences high blood sugar levels during pregnancy which may have a serious impact on her and the baby. It is estimated 18 percent of...Read More
A Few Diabetes Statistics and Facts 1.4 million Americans are diagnosed each year. 29 million Americans (9%) have diabetes and 21 million are undiagnosed. Diabetes mellitus is generally diagnosed as Type 1, Type 2 and...Read More
- National Pet Cancer Awareness Month posted on November 16, 2017 | under Pet Care, Pet Newsletter
- Timing is Everything – Pet Diabetes Care posted on July 24, 2014 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
- 5 Reasons For Heavy Sweating With Diabetes posted on August 23, 2017 | under Diabetes Management, General Information, Health & Wellness
- What’s the Normal Blood Glucose Range for Pets? posted on October 23, 2014 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
- An Old and Thirsty Cat Doesn’t Always Mean Diabetes | Ask Dr. Joi posted on November 9, 2017 | under Pet Care, Pet Diabetes, Pet Newsletter
Articles You May be Interested In