The glycemic index (GI) is a system to help people with diabetes determine some of the right foods...Read More
Welcome to our More on Diabetes section!
Our More on Diabetes articles will provide helpful diabetes and health information on topics including diabetes management, exercise, diabetic recipes, diabetes complications, diet and nutrition, pet diabetes and more. Articles are written or reviewed by healthcare professionals who have experience in diabetes and health education.
Gestational diabetes affects pregnant women who have never had diabetes before. A woman experiences high blood sugar levels during pregnancy which may have a serious impact on her and the baby. It is estimated 18 percent of...Read More
A Few Diabetes Statistics and Facts 1.4 million Americans are diagnosed each year. 29 million Americans (9%) have diabetes and 21 million are undiagnosed. Diabetes mellitus is generally diagnosed as Type 1, Type 2 and...Read More
- Why the Rising Cost of Insulin? posted on January 18, 2017 | under Diabetes Management
- When Kidney Values are Increased in Cats posted on January 19, 2017 | under Pet Care
- How To Dispose of Needles, Lancets and Blood Strips Properly posted on July 10, 2012 | under Diabetes Management
- Timing is Everything – Pet Diabetes Care posted on July 24, 2014 | under Pet Care
- What to Do When You Can’t Afford Your Diabetes Medication or Supplies posted on April 2, 2015 | under Diabetes Management