Microwave Cinnamon Applesauce
Makes 6 servings.
6 medium apples (1 ½ pounds), peeled, halved, and cored
⅔ cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup Splenda Granular
½ teapoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Cut apples into either thick slices or 1-inch chunks. Place apples in a deep, microwave-safe casserole dish.
2. Add water, lemon juice, Splenda, and cinnamon to apples.
3. Cook, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes. Stir, mashing apples with a fork into the liquid.
4. Cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until apples are tender. Mash apples again, mixing with liquid, until desired texture.
5. With a spoon, stir brown sugar into hot apple mixture. Serve hot or cool and store in refrigerator until ready to use. Keeps about 3-4 days.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Diabetic Exchange: 1 Fruit
Weight Watchers point comparison: 1 point