Chili's Style Grilled Beef Fajitas
Makes 6 servings.
¼ cup lime juice
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
½ teaspoon liquid smoke
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon chili powder
1½ pounds flank steak or skirt steak
1 large onion, sliced
3 medium green or assorted bell peppers, cut into ½-inch slices
2 tablespoons sweet vermouth (optional)
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup salsa
Warm high fiber reduced carb tortillas (like Mission Carb Balance)
1. Whisk together the lime juice, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, soy sauce, liquid smoke, cumin, cayenne and chili powder. Place the steak in a large bowl, pour the marinade on top and cover. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or even overnight.
2. Heat the grill to medium high. Grill the steak for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through (or 150°F with a meat thermometer).
3. While the steak is cooking, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high. Add the remaining garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly softened. Add the onion and peppers and continue cooking for 6 to 8 minutes, or until crisp tender.
4. Add 2 tablespoons water, salt and the sweet vermouth (if desired). Continue cooking until the onions and peppers are soft and slightly caramelized.
5. Tuck meat into tortillas with onions and peppers and serve with salsa.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Carbohydrate 8g (Sugars 4g)
Total Fat 9g (Sat Fat 4.5g)
Food Exchanges: 3½ Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable
Carbohydrate Choices: ½
Weight Watchers Point Comparison: 5