- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 pita pockets
- 1 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 1 cup seeded and sliced cucumber
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- Over medium-high heat, saute ground turkey in a lightly oiled skillet with ½ cup chopped onions, and chopped garlic clove until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in dried parsley and oregano. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Trim about 1/2-inch off the top of pita pockets. Spoon the meat mixture into each pita. Top with ½ cup chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, thinly sliced cucumber, and feta cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Cooks Recipes which provides many fine recipes for diabetic diets. Since its online debut in 1999, CooksRecipes.com has become one of the more popular and largest cooking and recipe sites on the Internet.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 5 Reasons For Heavy Sweating With Diabetes - May 15, 2018
- Testing Your A1c Levels - May 8, 2018
- Medtronic MiniMed Infusion Sets | Diabetic Supply Review - May 4, 2018