- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 16 slices French baguette (1 pound loaf), each 1/2-inch thick
- 2 (19-ounce each) cans cannelloni beans (or Great Northern Beans), rinsed, drained
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, thinly sliced (optional)
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup light or fat free mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup artificial sweetener
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package mixed salad greens
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For Bruschetta, combine Gorgonzola, oil and black pepper. Spread on bread slices. Place on baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until edges of bread are golden. Remove slices to wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, for Salad, combine beans, fennel, tomatoes and garlic in large bowl.
- Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, Equal®, mustard, salt and pepper to blend. Toss greens with enough mayonnaise mixture to coat. Place greens in center of a large serving platter.
- Toss bean mixture with remaining dressing. Place over greens. Place bruschetta around edges of platter.
Food Exchanges: 1/2 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Starch, 1 1/2 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 16 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 5 Reasons For Heavy Sweating With Diabetes - May 15, 2018
- Testing Your A1c Levels - May 8, 2018
- Medtronic MiniMed Infusion Sets | Diabetic Supply Review - May 4, 2018