- 3 ounces low-sodium turkey
- 1 Tbsp. low-fat mayonnaise or mustard
- 2 slices whole-grain bread (rye, pumpernickel, sourdough)
- Spread mayo or mustard on one (or 2 if preferred) slices of bread.
- Set turkey on 1 slice of bread topped with lettuce and tomato.
- Top sandwich with 2nd slice of bread and enjoy! Be sure to bulk it up with non-starchy veggies like lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, etc.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 1 Servings|
|Fat (if mayo is used):||5g|
Recipe courtesy of Marci Sloane, MS, RD, LD/N, CDE, who is a registered and licensed dietitian/nutritionist and certified diabetes educator with a degree in Nutrition and Physiology from Teachers College at Columbia University. Marci is the author of The Diet Game: Playing for Life!.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017