- 1 (1 pound) package collard greens
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup no calorie sweetener, granulated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Remove and discard stems from greens. Tear leaves into 1 to 2 inch pieces.
- Bring water to a boil in a large Dutch oven; add greens and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or wok at medium-high for 2 minutes. Add cabbage and carrot; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add collard greens, SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, salt and pepper; stir-fry 2 additional minutes. Cover reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until greens are tender.
Food Exchanges: 1 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Fats
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||60|
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017