Fiesta Cornbread Pie is a quick dish to prepare, but allow for an hour before you’re going to eat since it needs time in the oven. You can substitute canned corn kernels for the fresh or frozen corn; drain them well and add them only after the other ingredients are cooked. If you buy dried kidney […]
- 1 low-sodium chicken bouillon cube
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 4 cups dry whole wheat bread cubes – Approximately 6 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1/2 teaspoon pultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- Pour water in a saucepan, bring water to boil and add bouillon cube. Stir until bouillon is dissolved.
- Add diced onion […]
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 10 3/4 tsp Equal for Recipes (36 packets Equal sweetener or 1 1/2 cups Equal Spoonful)
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp orange extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 […]
This recipe, when compared to a traditional blueberry muffin, represents a 37% reduction in carbohydrates, a 35% reduction in calories, a 39% reduction in fat and an 84% reduction in sugars.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Splenda Granular
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup egg […]
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut shortening thoroughly and add to bowl. Mix until it looks like meal.
- Stir in milk and mix.
- Round up dough on a lightly floured board.
- Knead lightly 20 to 25 times […]
This Banana Raisin Bread recipe is a full flavored quick bread made with ripe bananas and raisins. The ceral in this recipe adds extra crunch and beneficial nutrients. The Equal in this recipe reduces the calories but not the taste.
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (approximately 2 medium bananas)
- 3 tbsp 2% milk
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg’s Special K […]