Add 1 cup frozen corn kernels to batter or add 1 drained 4 ½ oz. can peeled and chopped green chilies.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3/4 cup stone ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large egg whites
- Heat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Grease muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray butter flavor.
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients and make well. In small bowl, mix milk, honey, oil, and egg whites.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into greased cups.
- Lightly spray (one spray) tops of batter with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake until wooden pick comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Food Exchanges: 1 1/3 Starches, 1 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||45g|
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.