This Banana Raisin Bread recipe is a full flavored quick bread made with ripe bananas and raisins. The ceral in this recipe adds extra crunch and beneficial nutrients. The Equal in this recipe reduces the calories but not the taste.
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (approximately 2 medium bananas)
- 3 tbsp 2% milk
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg’s Special K Cereal
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful or 24 packets of Equal sweetener
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine banana and milk in a medium bowl and mix.
- Stir in cereal and let mixture stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
- In another bowl, Beat butter and Equal on medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended and then stir in the cereal mixture.
- Gradually add combined flower, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mixing until combined. Then stir in the raisins.
- On a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan, spread batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let pan cool for 10 minutes before removing bread from pan.
- Set bread on a wire rack and let cool.
- Serve warm or cold.
Food Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 14 Servings|
Recipe courtesy of Marisant Corporation and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017