- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats (oatmeal)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup chopped apples (no skin)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup bran
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar or agave
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites or 1/2 cup egg substitutes
- Heat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Use butter spray in a 12-muffin tin.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until brown.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 12 Servings|
Recipe courtesy of Marci Sloane, MS, RD, LD/N, CDE, who is a registered and licensed dietitian/nutritionist and certified diabetes educator with a degree in Nutrition and Physiology from Teachers College at Columbia University. Marci is the author of The Diet Game: Playing for Life!.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017