Two favorite flavors – pumpkin and chocolate are combined in these easy to prepare muffins. Applesauce is used to replace part of the fat and Equal is used in place of sugar, so you can enjoy this recipe without guilt!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful or 24 packets Equal sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray muffin cups or line cups with paper-liners. Set aside.
- Combine pumpkin, oil, applesauce, eggs and molasses in a large bowl. Combine flours, Equal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture until all ingredients are moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups filling 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Food Exchanges: 2 Starch, 2 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 12 Servings|
This recipe provided courtesy of the Merisant Corporation and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017