- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 10 3/4 tsp Equal for Recipes (36 packets Equal sweetener or 1 1/2 cups Equal Spoonful)
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp orange extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp apricot fruit spread
- Preheat Oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Beat margarine and equal until blended in mixer bowl.
- Beat in egg, egg whites, orange extract and pumpkin.
- Mix in baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add raisins and chopped pecans and mix into batter.
- Spread batter evenly in a greased 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ loaf pan.
- Bake in oven until browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (50 to 60 minutes).
- Cool bread in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Heat fruit spread until melted in small saucepan.
- Brush on bread and garnish with pecans if desired.
- Serve warm.
Food Exchanges: 1 Bread, 1 Fat.
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Make a Commitment to Fitness - April 5, 2017
- What May Cause Your Muscle Aches and Pains When You Have Diabetes? - April 3, 2017
- Overlooked Cheap and Healthy Foods - March 29, 2017