- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Kellogg’s® Special K® cereal, crushed to 1 cup
- 3/4 cup Equal® Spoonful or 18 packets of equal sweetener
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons light molasses
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Lightly coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick spray or line with paper-liners; set aside.
- Combine flour, crushed cereal, Equal®, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in buttermilk, egg whites, vegetable oil and molasses until all ingredients are just moistened. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake in oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Food Exchanges: Food Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 12 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.