- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat Oven to 400°F
- Beat egg and egg white together until frothy.
- Beat milk and oil into eggs. Slowly beat in flour and salt. Batter should be light but not foamy.
- Generously oil popover cups, fill within ½ inch of the top. Bake immediately.
- Bake until very dark brown about 35 minutes to 45 minutes. When done cut 2 small slits the top of each popover to release steam.
- Bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Release from cups with knife. Do not cover tops of the popovers or they will become soggy.
Food Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
|Saturated Fat:||Trace Amounts|
Recipe provided courtesy of the South Dakota Department of Health – The mission of the South Dakota Department of Health is to prevent disease and promote health, ensure access to needed, high-quality health care, and to efficiently manage public health resources.
Leave A Comment