- teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup shredded, reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon margarine, melted
- Preheat oven at 350 °F.
- In a medium saucepan sauté onion in cooking oil. Add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring until blended. Stir in cheese, sour cream, sugar and salt; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Put green beans in a baking dish. Pour the sauce over the top.
- In another bowl pour the melted margarine over the stuffing mix; stir well and sprinkle over green bean mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for later.
Food Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Fat, 1 Vegetable.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of South Dakota Department of Health – The mission of the South Dakota Department of Health is to prevent disease and promote health, ensure access to needed, high-quality health care, and to efficiently manage public health resources.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017