- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 slices of bread
- Beat together egg and egg whites.
- Mix the eggs with unsweetened orange juice, vanilla, and the grated orange peel and poor into a pie plate.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip bread into mixture and cook until both sides are your desired shade of brown.
- Serve immediately, topped with sugar-free syrup if desired.
Food Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 lean meat.
Recipe courtesy of the South Dakota Department of Health – The mission of the South Dakota Department of Health is to prevent disease and promote health, ensure access to needed, high-quality health care, and to efficiently manage public health resources.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017