- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, cut into 6 thin slices
- Pour egg substitute into an 8-inch nonstick skillet.
- Cover tightly and cook over very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Dice egg substitute and place in a small bowl. Add celery, onion and mayonnaise; mix well.
- On each of 6 bread slices, place a lettuce leaf and a tomato slice. Top each of the 6 bread slices with 2 to 4 tablespoons egg salad and finish with a remaining bread slice.
- Serve immedately.
Recipe courtesy of Cooks Recipes which provides many fine recipes for diabetic diets. Since its online debut in 1999, CooksRecipes.com has become one of the more popular and largest cooking and recipe sites on the Internet..
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017