Oatmeal is prepared with milk, and combined with dried cranberries, apple, Equal for sweetness and cinnamon to create a hot breakfast cereal that’s hard to resist.
- 2 cups 2% or skim milk
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick oats, uncooked
- 3/4 cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful or 3 packets Equal sweetener
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine milk, cranberries, cinnamon and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add oats and apple. Simmer, uncovered 5 to 6 minutes for old-fashioned (1 to 2 minutes for quick), stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in Equal®, nuts and vanilla.
- Serve warm.
Food exchanges: 1 Milk, 2 Starch, 1 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 2 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017