Blueberry Grunt is delicious and served with fat-free, no sugar added ice cream or frozen yogurt. You can also add dollops of light whipped topping for that extra taste!
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 1/2 tsp Equal for Recipes (3/4 cup Equal Spoonful or 8 packets Equal sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 5 1/2 tsp Equal for Recipes (1/3 cup Equal Spoonful or 18 packets Equal sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 3 tbsp cold margarine, cut into pieces
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Combine flour, baking powder, 2 1/2 tsp Equal, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl.
- Add cut margarine pieces and with a paster y blender, blend until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk to form soft dough.
- Mix cornstarch, 5 1/2 tsps Equal, water, lemon juice, blueberries and grated orange in an 8″ skillet and heat to boiling, stirring consistently until mixture is thickened (approximately 1 min). Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Spoon dough in 6 mounds on simmering blueberry mixture. Cook, covered on low heat until dumplings are done (about 12 to 14 minutes).
- Serve warm.
Food Exchanges: 1 Fruit, 1 1/2 Bread, 1 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Merisant Corporation and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal.
Leave A Comment