- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 6 pears, peeled, cored, cut into halves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Equal® Spoonful™
- Mint sprigs
- Heat wine, apple juice, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg to simmering in large skillet. Add pear halves with cut sides down. Simmer, covered, until pears are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove pears to serving dishes; discard spices.
- Heat wine mixture to boiling.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir into boiling mixture. Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat; let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in Equal®Spoonful™.
- Spoon sauce around pears. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Food Exchanges: 2 1/2 Fruit.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017