Apricot Mix Ingredients
- 1/4 cup sugar-free apricot preserves or apricot spreadable fruit
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful or 12 packets of Equal sweetener
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Apricot Mix Directions:
- Mix apricot preserves with Equal, cinnamon and nuts in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
Coffee Cake Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-fat baking mix (Bisquick)
- 2 cups Equal Spoonful or 48 packets Equal sweetener
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 6 tbsp of butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
Coffee Cake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine baking mix, Equal and cornstarch. Add remaining ingredients, mixing until smooth.
- Spread 1/3 of batter in well sprayed Bundt pan (9 or 12 cup).
- Spoon half the walnut filling over batter and top with a second layer of batter.
- Add another layer using whats left of the walnuts and batter.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until Coffee Cake is browned on the top and a knife or wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto rack and let cool.
- Spoon 1/3 cup apricot preserves over top of coffee cake if desired.
- Serve sarm
Food Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 16 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017