- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 carrots, julinned
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 14oz can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup trimmed and coarsely chopped watercress
- 1 8oz package of rice noodles, soaked and cut into 2 inch pieces
- Cut chicken meat into bite sized pieces. In a medium bowl, combine the SPlenda, soy sauce and mirin wine. Mix well and seat aside.
- IN a skillet or wok, heat oil over medium high heat. Squeeze juice from grated ginger into wok, add ginger and stir fry until brown.
- Discard ginger fibers and increase heat to high. Add chicken and season with soy sauce mixture. Cook for 2 minutes.
- One at a time, add the carrots, onions, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and watercress. Stir after each addition.
- Add the rice noodles and cook for about 3 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||50|
Recipe Courtesy of Splenda Inc. Splenda is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017