- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 4oz each)
- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper for taste
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, un-peeled, cored and sliced
- 6 green onions and tops, sliced
- 2/3 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon crystals
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 2/3 cup fat-free half and half or 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Equal for Recipes (6 packets Equal sweetener or 1/4 cup Equal Spoonful)
- Sage or parsley springs as Garnish
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken to skillet and saute until browned (approximately 3-5 minutes on each side). Season with salt and pepper.
- Add apples, onions, apple cider, bouillon and sage to skillet. Heat until boiling then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is tender (10-12 minutes). Remove chicken and apples to serving platter.
- Continue to simmer until cider mixture is almost gone. Mix half and half flour and Equal in a glass measuring cup and pour into a skillet. Heat to boiling, stirring consistently until thickened (about 1 minute). Season with salt and pepper again if desired.
- Pour mixture over chicken and apples and garnish with sage.
- Serve immediately.
Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 Fruit, 3 1/2 Lean Meat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
Recipe Courtesy of Merisant Corporation and the NutraSweet Company, maker of Equal.