Homemade Graham Cracker Crust
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup stick butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful or 3 packets Equal sweetener
- Preheat Oven at 375°F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 2 tablespoons Equal.
- Press mixture into bottom and 1-inch up the side of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack while preparing cheesecake.
- 2 (8oz Each) packages of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful or 24 packets Equal sweetener
- 1 2/3 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- Beat cream cheese and 1 cup Equal in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth and well combined.
- Mix in applesauce, egg, egg whites and lemon juice until blended.
- Stir in cornstarch, cinnamon, apple pie spice and vanilla extract.
- Add in the sour cream until combined and poor mixture over baked crust.
- Bake preheated oven 60 to 65 minutes or until center of the cake is almost set.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake and let cheesecake cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
- To serve: remove side of pan and cut cake into wedges.
Exchanges per serving: 1 milk, 2 fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 16 Servings|
Recipe courtesy of Merisant Corporation and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017