Angel Bites Ingredients
- 5 large egg whites or 3/4 cups egg whites from a carton
- 1/3 cup Splenda Granular
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Angle Bites Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place egg whites in medium bowl and whisk until frothy. (You can also whip on an electric beater on high).
- Add Splenda Granular, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until stiff peaks form (Peaks should point straight up, the tips should only collapse a little bit if at all – The mixture will be thick and heavy)
- Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of egg whites onto a large, lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove bites from pan and let cool.
Banana Cream Filling Ingredients
- 1/2 cup egg substitute such as egg beaters
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup Splenda Granular
- 1 tsp banana extract or flavoring
- 2 bananas, sliced
Banana Cream Filling Directions
- Place egg substitute, milk, vanilla and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir well.
- Blend Splenda and cornstarch together then add them to the saucepan and stir well for 3 minutes.
- Remove filling from heat and add banana flavor. Stir well until mixed.
- Chill filling for 1 hour.
- Sandwich angel bites with filling. Place three angel bites on a plate with the bottoms facing up. Top with sliced bananas and a spoonful of banana cream filling. Stack another Angel Bite on top and garnish with light whipped topping.
- Add chocolate shavings or a drizzle of fat free hot fudge and serve.
Food Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Medium Fat Meat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017