Fruit Trifle Ingredients
- 1 (18.25oz) package light yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful™
- Milk Custard (recipe below)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 nectarines or peaches, sliced
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- Light whipped topping
Fruit Trifle Directions
- Make cake mix according to package directions, using water and egg whites; bake in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Cool on wire rack. Cut half the cake into 1-inch cubes (freeze or reserve remaining cake for another use).
- Process strawberries in blender or food processor until smooth; stir in Equal® Spoonful™.
- Layer 1/3 of the cake cubes in bottom of 2-quart glass serving bowl. Spoon 1/3 of the Milk Custard and strawberry puree over cake and top with 1/3 of the raspberries, nectarines, banana and blueberries. Repeat layers 2 times.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with whipped topping.
Milk Custard Ingredients
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful™
Milk Custard Directions
- Heat milk just to boiling in small saucepan; remove from heat. Mix eggs and flour in small bowl. Stir about 1/4 cup hot milk into egg mixture; stir egg mixture into milk in saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cool until warm; stir in nutmeg and Equal® Spoonful™. Refrigerate until chilled.
Food Exchanges: 1/2 Skim Milk, 1 Starch, 1 Fruit
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 12 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.