Stuffed Cabbage Roll Ingredients
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 Head of Cabbage
Stuffed Cabbage Roll Sauce Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, white or cider
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granular
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place head of cabbage in large pot. Add water to cover. Heat over high heat and boil cabbage for 15 minutes, or until soft and pliable.
- Remove cabbage from heat. Drain and cool completely. Remove hard outer veins from the leaves. Set aside.
- Combine beef, rice, garlic powder, and egg in a large mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Place a small amount (approximately 1/3 cup) of meat mixture into the center of a cabbage leaf. Fold cabbage leaf over, tucking in the sides to keep meat mixture inside the cabbage leaf. Place cabbage rolls in an 8 x 8-inch pan.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients together in a small mixing bowl until smooth. Spoon sauce over the cabbage rolls.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Food Exchanges: 1 fat, 2 lean meat 1/2 starch
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||53|
Recipe provided courtesy of Cooks Recipes which provides many fine recipes for diabetic diets. Since its online debut in 1999, CooksRecipes.com has become one of the more popular and largest cooking and recipe sites on the Internet.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017