Strawberry and Rhubarb Crisp Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup Equal®Spoonful or 6 packets of Equal sweetner
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup stick butter or margarine, melted and cooled to room temperature
Strawberry and Rhubarb Crisp Directions
- Combine flour, almonds, 1/4 cup Equal®, brown sugar, spices and salt in medium size bowl.
- Stir in melted and cooled butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
Strawberry and Rhubarb Filling Ingredients
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh strawberries, halved or quartered if very large
- 1 pound fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup Equal® Spoonful or 24 packets of Equal sweetener
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (1-inch piece) vanilla bean, split lengthwise, pulp scraped
- Frozen yogurt, ice cream or whipped topping (optional)
Strawberry and Rhubarb Filling Directions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine strawberries, rhurbarb, 1 cup Equal®, cornstarch and vanilla bean pulp in large bowl. Toss gently to combine all ingredients. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Spoon approximately 1 cup fruit mixture into each of 6 well-sprayed 10-ounce custard cups or ramekins. Sprinkle each with 1/3 cup flour mixture.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden.
- Serve warm garnished with frozen yogurt, ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.
Food Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 Fruit, 3 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017