- 2 pounds stew beef, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 1/2 or 4 fl oz bottled mesquite flavored liquid smoke
- 2 heads garlic, minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with jalapeños 14 1/2 ounces
- 2 cans of chili flavored beans with jalapeños 15 oz
- 1 can of tomato sauce with garlic and onions 14 1/2 ounces
- 1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- Hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Chop onion and dice jalapeños. Set aside.
- Combine beef, onions, jalapeños, liquid smoke and garlic in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, add the tomatoes, chili beans, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and Splenda to the beef. Add hot pepper sauce if desired.
- Cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Taste the chili after 2 hours to determine additional Splenda or hot pepper sauce is needed.
- Garnish with diced jalapeños, chopped and shredded onions and cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately
Food Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 Medium-Fat Meats, 1 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||180|
This recipe contest submission is by Kristin G. from Stow, OH. Courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Spelnda is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.