Shrimp Scampi is another simple dish that somehow has a reputation as gourmet fare. Linguine is the traditional pasta used in Shrimp Scampi but other types of pasta can be used. You may also use this version of shrimp scampi without pasta for a quicker and lighter meal choice. This recipe goes well with a dry, white wine.
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked according to the package directions and kept warm
- Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over the medium heat. Add the oil and continue to heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until softened but not browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, wine, and lemon juice. Cook, stirring and tossing carefully, until the shrimp are bright pink, about 2 minutes; do not overcook. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the pasta in a bowl, pour the shrimp (pan juices and all) over the top, and toss well.
Contributed By: Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks