To Serve: Dip the ramekins or dessert cups into hot water for about 10 seconds to loosen the pannacotta from the cups. Unmold the pannacotta by placing a dessert plate on top of the ramekin. Holding firmly, turn the plate and ramekin over so that the pannacotta falls out of the mold and onto the dessert plate. Surround each pannacotta with ½ cup mixed berries.
- 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean (split lengthwise) or 1/2 tsp vanilla for the vanilla bean.
- 1/2 cup SPLENDA® Granular
- 4 cups mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries etc.)
- Slice or peel the rind off of the orange and cut into large strips. Set aside.
- Pour water into a small bowl. Slowly sprinkle gelatin over the water, allowing it to sit on top of the water. Do not stir the gelatin into the water. Let sit for about 10 minutes. The gelatin will slowly absorb the water.
- Pour the milk into a medium saucepan. Add vanilla bean and orange rind. Bring to a simmer. Remove milk from heat as soon as it begins to a simmer.
- Add gelatin mixture while stirring constantly. Stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved. If gelatin does not dissolve completely when added to the milk mixture, briefly reheat.
- Add SPLENDA® Granular and stir. Pour the pannacotta through a fine meshed strainer into a pitcher with a spout. Pour into 8 ramekins or dessert cups.
- Chill pannacotta, uncovered, for two hours.
- Serve when chilled.
Food Exchanges: 1/2 Fruit.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||40|
Recipe created by Gale Gand. Recipe provided courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.