- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups light cream or half and half or milk
- 3 large beaten eggs or 3/4 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 24 packets Equal® sweetener or 7 1/4 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes
- 1 Ice cream Maker.
- In a medium saucepan combine the gelatin and 2 cups of the light cream and let combination stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture just comes to a boil. Gradually stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture into eggs, then return all to saucepan. Cook and stir for 2 more minutes. Do Not boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the remaining cream and the vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa powder and Equal® sweetener. Gradually blend in egg mixture till smooth.
- Chill till cold, stirring occasionally. (Don’t overchill).
- Freeze in a 4-quart ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
Food Exchanges: 1 Milk, 1 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 14 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Leave A Comment