- 2 (16 oz) cans jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 pounds pork roast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Salt to taste
- Preheat Oven to 275°F (135°C)
- Mash cranberry sauce with a fork or a potato masher. Stir in SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, cranberry juice, mustard, and cloves.
- Place pork roast in a large, roasting pan. Pour cranberry sauce mixture over the roast.
- Cook in oven for 6 to 8 hours, or until meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- With a metal spoon, skim the fat from the liquid in the roasting pan. Pour 2 cups of the remaining roasting liquid (add water to fill out the measure if necessary) into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Blend cornstarch and cold water to make a paste; stir gradually into boiling liquid.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Add salt to taste. Serve with the roast.
Food exchanges: 1 Fruit, 1 1/2 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 11 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||80|
Note: Submitted by a home cook, this recipe has not been tested by the SPLENDA® Test Kitchens.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017