This Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Bake recipe freezes well and it can be doubled to make a 9″ x 13″ Casserole.
- Cooking spray
- 1 package of 10oz frozen, chopped broccoli thawed.
- 1 cup cooked white rice or left over rice – warmed slightly
- 2 cups or 8oz of diced chicken breast
- 1 can of Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup 10 3/4 oz
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fine, dry bread crumbs
- Pinch of paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium sized skillet, cook diced chicken until browned. Set aside.
- Coat an 8 x 8″ pan with cooking spray.
- Layer broccoli in the bottom of the pan and top evenly with rice and chicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup, mayonnaise, milk, curry powder, dill and lemon juice. Mix well and pour evenly over chicken.
- Sprinkle the top of the casserole with bread crumbs and paprika. Spray cooking spray over bread crumbs to help them crisp during baking.
- Bake uncovered for 25/30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve immediately
Food Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Lean Meat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 5 Reasons For Heavy Sweating With Diabetes - May 15, 2018
- Testing Your A1c Levels - May 8, 2018
- Medtronic MiniMed Infusion Sets | Diabetic Supply Review - May 4, 2018