- 1 32oz container of non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup Splenda Granular
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 9 slices Italian style bread or other white bread, crusts removed
- 1 16oz package frozen dark pitted sweet cherries, thawed and drained
- 1 12oz package frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 15oz can, no sugar added cling peaches, drained
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Splinda Granular
- Cut bread into rectangles and set aside
- Blend 1/2 cup of Splenda Granular, plain yogurt and vanilla extract together in a medium sized mixing bowl. Gently mix together the raspberries and 2 tbsp Splenda Granular. Do not drain raspberries.
- Pour 1/2 cup of yogurt mixture in the bottom of a glass bowl.
- PLace 1/3 of the sliced bread on top of the yogurt mixture and top bread with 1/3 of the peaches, 1/3 of the cherries and 1/3 of the raspberries. Place thinly sliced banana on top of the raspberries. Drizzle about 1/3 of the raspberry juice on the mixture. Add about 1/3 of the yogurt to the top of the mixture.
- Repeat step above two more times, ending by pouring the remaining yogurt over the entire mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight allowing the bread to fully absorb the fruit juices.
- Top with fresh sliced Kiwi, Strawberries or a fruit of your choice as a garnish.
- This can also be prepared in individual portions following the same layering technique. Just substitute the glass bowl with wine glasses.
Food Exchanges: 1 Fruit, 1 Starch, 1/2 fat-free milk
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 10 Servings|
|Calories From Fat:||5|
Recipe Courtasy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda is a no calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017