- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Grease an 8″ square baking dish and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add 1 cup Splenda, vanilla, and almond and blend until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until blended.
- Add a bit of flower mixture and milk to the butter bowl and mix in gradually until flour and milk have been mixed in.
- Fold in blueberries and spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- in the butter bowl, add the egg white, 3 tbsp Spelnda and beat with a fork until mixed. Add almonds and stir until well blended. Spoon mixture over batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan or on wire rack for 10 minutes and serve warm.
Food Exchanges: 1 2/3 Starches, 3 Fats
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||120|
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017