Yummy Ham with Corn Pudding is a fabulous recipe featuring ham and corn. Ymmy ham with corn pudding is an example of classic American home cooking, with a lot of sweet flavor that kids will love. It’s an easy, tasty, casual meal that can be made equally well with leftover ham.
- 1 15.5-ounce can creamed corn
- 1 6-ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium yams, peeled
- 2 8-ounce smoked ham steaks, or 4 thick slices canned ham
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray an 8" x 8" square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the corn, milk, eggs, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Pour into the baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes, or until golden.
- While the pudding is in the oven, poke the yams with a knife or fork. Place them in a pot with enough water to cover and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a low boil and cook until a knife inserts easily into a yam, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Heat the ham steaks in a large, lightly greased skillet, turning to heat evenly, 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- Slice the yams lengthwise and top each with a dab of the butter. Serve the yams and ham with the corn pudding.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- ADW Diabetes Supports The 2nd Annual Naples Diabetes Conference - November 23, 2016
- Restaurant Code Words to Watch Out For - November 21, 2016
- Cardio vs. Weight Resistance Training - November 14, 2016